Monday, August 17, 2009

Blue Monday

First of all, I want to reflect on the passing of Kevin Underhill. Kevin, from what I understand, was a nice guy. I didn't know him. I did see him at the beginning and during the 4/5 race at the Driveway. During the 4th lap of the race I saw and heard behind me bikes and riders going down. On the next lap we passed Kevin. He was laying on the ground unconscious bleeding. The pack slowed down, a few riders stop to render aid. The pack spead back-up, continued a lap and approached Kevin again. This time everyone knew he wasn't getting up. At that point the race was "nutilized". We all cleared the field and tried to reflect on what had happen. EMS was called out and took Kevin away. From what I understand, he went trough 2 1/2 surgeries and was in ICU. This weekend Kevin passed and thoughts and prayers go out to his family. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment