Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dirt Derby

This Tuesday nite was the beginning of the Dirt Derby series of which I broke out the new (to me) cyclocross bike that's been hanging in my barn just waiting to be ridden. I haven't ridden this bike, other than up and down my road I live on. I've just been too busy this summer training on the road bike and focusing on getting the my new mountain bike. However, Tuesday nite opened up the opportunity. It's been 6 years now since I've raced a cyclocross event. But it was just like riding a bike. I rode exceptionally well, except for I got off course and ended up losing 65 seconds which took me from 3rd position to 6th. I quickly caught 5th and 4th but was unable to get back to 3rd. So, finished in 4th. I'm very happy with that result. I'll try again next week. Saturday is the big day for me. My first Mountain Bike race of the new Fall 2009 series. With me luck...

2008 Dirt Derby Halloween Party from Pirate Race Productions on Vimeo.

1 comment: